I’m officially a book author! Check out my new ebook: “Behind the Tweets: 25 Unique Twitter Users and How They Use Social Media In Work, Life, and Love”
Given my love of writing, I’ve thought about the possibility of writing a book ever since I was a teenager. But lack of time (and topics) prevented me from seriously pursuing this pursuit until recently.
Last year I decided to start a weekly column on this blog that featured an interesting Twitter follower. The interview mostly focused on their use of social media – and how it has impacted their personal and professional lives. Initially I called it “Follow Friday Feature Profiles” but later changed the name to “Behind the Tweets.” It was a fun and fascinating project for me – I loved learning something new from each person I interviewed.
About three months into the project I was having lunch with a friend and telling her about the column and features. She asked me if I had plans to compile the interviews into a book – so that someone could read all of them together. I hadn’t – but thought it was a great idea. So I tucked it away and thought about how I might be able to publish these interviews into some sort of book. I finally decided that an ebook format would be most appropriate (because of time and cost benefits). Earlier this Fall I began working with a company that specializes in editing and publishing ebooks. My original idea (as you’ll read in the intro of the book) was to sell this book for a nominal fee and to donate all of the proceeds to the Hollyrod Foundation (an organization that supports families who struggle financially meeting the needs of autistic children). But for a limited time, I’m offering free downloads of the book via my Kaufer DMC website.
I learned a lot through this process and will use these lessons with my future book projects – stay tuned for many more “Behind the Tweets” books in 2012! And if you have any ideas/suggestions for people I should interview (or feedback on the book itself), please let me know via the contact form below or via email (David [at] DavidKaufer [dot] com. I look forward to your feedback.
Click here to download your personal copy of “Behind the Tweets: 25 Unique Twitter Users and How They Use Social Media In Work, Life, and Love.”
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Florida found | buff.ly/160oCP1 | Another punch to the gut. My heart goes out to family #autism 1 hour ago
- National Autism Association Statement Regarding Recent Drowning Deaths in the Autism Community buff.ly/12nLVvD #autism #tragic 1 hour ago
- Hey everyone - how was your weekend? Just recovering here after 5 hours of digging/planting, 2 weekend runs & 2 Little League games! 2 hours ago
- The David Kaufer Digest is out! paper.li/DavidKaufer/ka… ▸ Top stories today via @coreydu @richeisen 4 hours ago
- I just finished a 5.02 mi run with a pace of 12'13"/mi with Nike+ Running. go.nike.com/1b06b7g #nikeplus 11 hours ago